Apr 9, 2008

FERBERIZATION BABY

So anyone that knows Luke knows that he is not a good sleeper. Even as a newborn he did not nap well. It is something that I have just accepted and I look forward to Saturday mornings when Kreed takes him and let's me sleep in. I have always been one to need at least 8 1/2 hours a night and Luke needs about 7 1/2 -8. We have swaddled his bum to get him to bed since he was born. Kreed and my sister can swaddle the heck out of a baby. Recently he has gotten too long and strong for me to try to swaddle and rock to sleep. Also he has a temper that erupts when I try to rock him. So for the past couple of days I have been winding him down with a story and tickles and feedings before naps and bed and then just tucking him in his crib and letting him fall asleep on his own. I have NEVER been a fan of the Ferber method but I was kinda at my wits end with him and fighting with him to sleep. Let me tell you the longest he has cried is about 5 minutes and then he has been sleeping for hours! I don't think I could stand more than 5-10 minutes of crying. This is great it gives me a break and I hope one day he will be like Emmy my niece, my sister would put her in her crib fully awake and then she would go to sleep all on her own, no crying. Today for a nap Luke went to bed with only a few whimpers, NO CRIES! I have done all I can so far to ensure as little crying as possible in his life, but this is a relief to finally get long naps out of him. I would also not try this method before his ripe age of seven months. I think babies are still to immature for this. Also for our anniversary last night my sweet mother in law came over and watched Luke while the hubs and I went out to dinner and a movie. It was so so so fun. Also our first dinner and a movie date since he was born! The conversation never stopped, I got to eat a hot meal and we cuddled all during the movie. To top it off when I got home my mother in law had put Luke to bed and he slept till 7:30am. What a great present. I made him blueberry pancakes (his favorite) this morning for being such an obedient and good son. This is the longest post ever!

1 comment:

*JULIA* said...

Good Job Jenna! Having a baby go to sleep easy is Sooo nice. Thats so nice that he's turning into a good sleeper. Sounds like a fun date too but are you serious when you say he is too strong for you to swaddle anymore???? HE's only 7 months?? I'm sure you are stronger than a 7 month old.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...