Jul 10, 2008

A Little bit Nostalgic



Julia the master photog whipped these up today. My hair was pretty Tranny fierce so most of them were nixed but none the less Luke is still adorable. I was feeling pretty nostalgic today when I was putting Luke down for a nap. He no longer is small and can fit on my heart. He is now nearly half my length. As much as I loathe nursing I love the way that he nestles into my half circle form in the morning and feels so happy. I love that when he is shy he lays his head on my shoulder and I love that he gives me kisses and hugs every morning to greet my new day. I know that all who read this blog must think that every time he blinks I snap a picture and claim that it is the most beautiful thing, but to me it is. I also love blogs bombarded with kid photos and adoring moms gushing words. When he was born I though oh this is why I am here to be a mommy to him. Not that I think of myself as only Luke's mom, but he is makes every day so much better. I love how he is teaching me how to be a mother and also helping me define and re-define myself for the better. I am much less selfish and so much more fulfilled. I am so grateful for my husband who loves that I stay home and thinks it great if I go to lunch and a play date and knows that my days are not always easy. Luke has brought our relationship so much closer and helps us focus on the important things. Before we had him most of our arguments involved family and a mending of two different lives (don't get me started) but now we don't fight unless I or him are grumpy and tired and if the house is a mess, ( I can be neurotic I know). So this blog is really not going to change much because my little one is swiftly growing into a boy. His skin gets more course with every day and he is losing a few dimples on his hands. Oh Luke I love you to the pieces and always will.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so hearing you gush about Luke makes me want a baby right this second! Another year for us but we'll get there!

Anonymous said...

We totally want you guys to come over! Next weekend we might go to Snowflake but if not, let's plan a date! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Luke is so cute! I always love coming to look at all the pictures.

We are going to be in AZ towards the end of the year, sometime between Oct-Dec. I would love to get together.

Bethany said...

I've come to the conclusion that it's not fair you're related to such a fabulous photographer! Way, way too cute!

The Brown Family said...

Jenna, your post made me all teary (could have to do with being pregnant, but moreso that I feel the exact same way!) I love that you love being a mom. It is the greatest and I know exactly what you mean when you said it made you less selfish and more fulfilled. Our little ones are so much work and we get to do little for ourselves, but they are SO worth every second. I think we should get our little ones together sometime. It would be really fun to see you and meet Luke. Maybe a couple months after Travis is born?? Keep blogging...I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...