Jan 5, 2009

A Healthy Dose of Reality


This little man is the cutest. I love him. This morning was our first morning alone together since Oct. 30. For over two months I haven't had to make breakfast or had to get Luke up and change and bottle him. I really enjoy Kreed making me french toast just the way I like it and making sure we always have good O.J. around. I really wasn't looking forward to today. I think I forgot how to make breakfast. I have been sleeping 8-9 hours a night or more if I need and I love sleeping in. Well this morning started off good. Luke and I both slept in till 8:30 and then he cuddled in bed with me while watching little Einsteins. Kreed left a bottle on my nightstand this morning, he's the best Mr. Mom. When we decided to get up I noticed the doozy of a diaper all over my sheets and his clothes and hands and his sheets. Nice. My saving grace was that I am so stuffed up I couldn't smell a thing. After showers, breakfast and two loads of laundry we were reading books in the loft when all of the sudden Luke started to cry real bad on my shoulder. When he took a step back I was covered in his breakfast, not a spot on him luckily. So now my sick baby is sleeping and I am taking a break from my loads and loads of laundry that awaits me. I am glad to be back in a schedule and be back to reality but my break was heavenly.


This guy went to work and called me at 10 on his break and told me he feels like he should be home with me. I feel like that too. He is so glad to work and I am so glad for a paycheck coming but I miss him. I like having a no schedule and watching movies at 2 in the afternoon with him. I really like sharing the everyday parenting/housecleaning duties. I really like talking to him and cuddling till midnight. I really like having grown up time anytime. Luke will miss him too. He played with his dad all day and went to the park ,peter piper and drank soda alot. He wrestled multiple times a day and did man stuff. Bottom line is, Kreed we miss your buns already.


Something new. This will go on the playcloset door when I figure out something grand to do with a whole wall. This excites me to no end. Having a new blank wall to decorate. I love how Kreed is always down with rearranging and redoing our home. We had a nice three hour trip to Ikea.

These guys are such buds. Kreed and I had a nice new years. Luke was invited to my parents New Years Eve Party while we saw Benjamin Button. We have a had stellar holidays and I am sad they are gone.
Some of my Resolutions
Birth a baby without dying, bring on the drugs!
Walk four times a week
Not forget about laundry and let it smell like mildew
Spoil Luke and Kreed with love and attention
Not get pregnant
Read the BOM with Kreed more
Cook
Judge no more
Paint more often


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

MissKris said...

I forget about the laundry all the time! I love that tree on your wall. Where did you get it? I'm looking for nursery ideas....

Rachel said...

I love this blog. I'm sorry Luke Man is sick and I hope he feels lots better soon. Oh and let's walk together. Sorry Kreed is working now... :(

Bethany said...

Nice resolutions:) I didn't know Kreed wasn't working. Isn't it nice to have your husband home all day? Why do we have to work?

Yah, we definitely should get together. You want us to come over there? I've just been waiting for you:) We had Ethan in his high chair with a baby video on while he got his haircut. Seems to work pretty well. DISTRACTIONS!

Kent and Kate said...

Poor little boy! Days like that are the pits.

Five Bresees said...

When are you due again??

Andrew said...

And I have one more goal for you. Talk to your brother more often.

Five Bresees said...

Hey! That's so exciting that you're having a girl. Our baby comes in July. We're not going to find out the sex, but I'm pretty sure I'm only programmed to have boys...

You're right, Ethan's middle name is trouble. It seems like if they have even just a little ounce of red hair in them they turn out that way :). It's ok though, it makes for some fun times. I can wait to see pics of your cute little girl !!

The Brown Family said...

Yes, I do love having two close together. It really is fun. Some days you want to cry more than laugh, but laughing is much more fun so I go with that. Sometimes I have to get creative with how I do things, but it always works out. You love being a mom as much as me so you will be fine. Just don't feel bad if you lose it from time to time and don't be afraid to ask for help. To answer your question...Holly doesn't ever really resent Travis, but I can tell at times that she gets jealous of his attention. She'll try to do what he is doing when he is getting attention, or when I am feeding him she'll start crying and say she wants to eat or go outside and I thinks it's because she knows he is getting all of my attention right then. I promise you will be fine. The best thing you can give your children is siblings and you just have to remember that. They will have fun together too. The other night I gave Holly and Travis a bath together and they were laughing so hard it made me laugh harder than I have in a long time. It is nice that they are starting to enjoy each other. Anyway, this comment is long enough! If you ever need to talk or have more questions, feel free to ask! I know how scary it is before you have the second one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...