Sep 28, 2011

On Friendships

Whew it is late and i have no idea if this will make sense in the morning. Just thinking....
Thinking about the kind of friends that I hold dear to me and the kind of friend I want to be. Better, that is for sure. This has been a crazy year for me as far as friendships go. Some real highs-finding new friendships, making time for old ones and some real lows-fights,betrayal and subsequently losing some dear friendships.(Okay mostly lows) Have you ever had a whole big chunk of another story in a conflict that you cannot tell because it would hurt people deeper and add to the fire, but let you off the hook? Well that was me. Caught in mistakes and carrying a friends deep secret took a toll. Basically I found myself swallowing pride, taking a big ol bite of humble pie and walking away. At least I could tell the hubz everything because somehow having one other person know my truth felt like a small justice. When you are trying to be honest but have to hold back a major piece of the misunderstandings puzzle things go awry. Many times this year I have found myself really pulling away from friendships. Not that I even dislike people, I just think I am tired.  I have been trying to surround my self with friends that are lighthearted, honest and live in the moment because that is what I need. Not just a friend of circumstance. And just when I find myself withdrawing, my days are mingled with play dates, kindness of others  and reminders of why I love this thing called womanhood. A spontaneous 9am trip to the thrift store with a friend this week made my day. Eating PB&J in a messy house and talking about birth stories and body image made the next day go by in a snap. While a hose and picnic outside made for tired kids. Swapping kids today with a friend was so helpful. I learn so much from my friends and am so grateful for them. Relationships of any kind take work. Period. Friends except you for who you are but help make you better. I think. After all who else will call you out on your crazy and love you all the same?

 P.S. in a very manipulative friend move, I am not sure if anyone but family reads this blog but if you are reading this please check out my new shop fromeve.bigcartel.com and PLEASE become a follower of my blog which is up in the top right hand corner....mom

7 comments:

*JULIA* said...

as your friend, i feel like i have to tell you that Luke's shorts are too short. Your welcome.

cerise said...

As a little girl you always had lots of friends, actually sometimes they would fight over you, who got to walk home ect. your kind heart has always drawn people to you. I remember you needing more time to your self and not wanting to socialize as much as your friends. You would be just as happy to write and draw by yourself than go out and play. You don't get to get much of that these days with a two year old. Time and Season for everything.

Five Bresees said...

I know what you mean, Jenna. By the way, those pictures are too cute. Wish I looked as good as you after 2 kids. :)

I didn't realize you had been updating your shop. I am in love! I may not have a bald headed baby girl to dress up, but my sassy little two year old will love these. Expect an order from me in the next few weeks!

tempppo said...

Thanks for sharing some of your troubles. I'm having a rather growing year, too, and I don't always like it. It's nice to have some company in my misery. :)

And -- can you keep a secret? Jon has an interview with Honeywell in Phoenix next Friday. Shhh. Don't tell anyone!

Trista said...

I hear ya on the crazy year and mountain range of highs and lows! Never revisiting that again! Love ya girl!

Jenna Eve said...

I agree with Julia. This is Kreed BTW

MissKris said...

I read your blog! I totally know what you mean about good friends. So hard to find and I always say you know a friend is a good one when they inspire you to be a better person. On a side note, I love the matching outfit and Zoku? I had never heard of it but I really want one now! I'm sad we've only had one play date ever. It's because we live so far away I'm sure :) We should plan something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...