Jan 21, 2009

MY BIRTHDAY


I had a great birthday this year despite rapidly nearing thirty. I turned 24 and am glad to have two kids this year. I always wanted to be a young mom and I have to say I love it. Wed. was my birthday but it lasted all week, like it should. Friday my cousin was in town and stayed with us. We stayed up till midnight making bows and beads for sassy girl and doing nails. Saturday morning I met with all the girls in my family for a feast at Cheesecake Factory and a day of shopping. Rounded it out by a scrapping party that night. Sunday my parents had a birthday party for me (and my mom and sis). They made a great meal that included my craving of Cheesecake. Then they gave me a real SURPRISE! I have been wanting an island for awhile and look everyday on Craigslist but can't seem to find the right one. Then I went to Ikea and found my true Island mate. It was marked down tremendously from $500 and was a outright steal, also it had the storage that I need for my kitchen. Kreed wanted so bad to get it for me but we couldn't swing it. I saw it in my design magazine that came last week and my heart ached for it...bad. Anyway my parents totally surprised me. I had no clue they would know the right one to get and that it would still be in stock. I am so lucky to have such awesome parents that make me feel special and I love my present.




Kreed is not the handy man he would like to be but, let me tell you he is getting there. He stayed up till three in the morning and then 11 the next night to make my island live. I thought for sure he was going to take a bat to it any second. Surest way to a divorce would have been to buy a bunch of Ikea items the next day for him to put together. He was so sweet to work about 8 hours on it for me and not give up. He is my hero and deserves ample credit for my island.



Hopefully this will inspire me to cook more. I have to cook more and not feed my family cereal for dinner. Cooking for me must take less than 30 minutes. I have already used this baby and my meals are already tasting better.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jadie said...

happy birthday jenna! iam glad you had a great day! i love the island.. its funny how having cute things in the kitchen always seems to making cooking easier to do!! i love the new addition!!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a great bday week :) And I love your new island! It's perfect! I can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

I love the island! Islands are the best and they do make cooking so much easier! Happy Birthday girl!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Happy Birthday! The big 24! What a sweet hubby to make that island for you.

Ariane said...

Happy B-Day Jenna! Hope it's a good one! 24 just sounds so old, doesn't it?? I only have one more month of wonderful 23! :) love ya babe!

Bethany said...

I didn't know you'd just had your birthday! And, I was just there! Happy belated birthday!

The Ziegler Family said...

RJ says..."Kreed it would have only taken you 6 hours if you would have had the book "How To Assemble Islands For Dummies."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...