Feb 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day



Miss Priss is standing up on her own all the time. She even took a step. My goal is to keep her from walking until we celebrate that which shall not be mentioned in April.



Last night we celebrated Vday by taking our kids swimming and then to grab some good food. I thouroughly enjoyed my three dates. Then it was off to bed for the little ones. Much to the recommendation of friends I started the cry it out method with Ava since we still sit in Lukes room at night to get him to bed. She cried for 40 minutes the first day and 30 the second. Now she is out in 30 seconds. So nice! I don't think I could do it until she was 6 months or so because it is heartbreaking the first night but now it's heaven! Thanks for all the advice.
Never take Luke out of a pool, Never. Mean Mom.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

abby said...

you crack me up, jenna. where did you get ava's adorable swimsuit??

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

if kaylee was still in her crib i would still have her cry it out, but i lay on the floor next to her until she falls asleep. it works pretty well, she'll go lay down when i ask her but i have to go lay with her. not going to be very comfortable in a few months but i hope that she'll go to sleep on her own by the time i'm atually bigger. (oh yes i'm expecting if you didn't know)

White Family said...

I too, am a big fan of the crying it out method. I wasn’t before my doctor explained how necessary it was for children to learn for themselves how to fall back asleep or even out themselves to sleep on their own, just like adults do. It kind of clicked after that, and I told myself that the whole first nights we did it with both of our boys, “It’s necessary, it’s for their good” and that’s all it took, one night for each, and now they are both champion sleepers! It’s awesome! Oh my heck that adorable little girl of your is definitely going to be walking before April! Look at her go! She is so stinking cute and makes me want a girl so bad. Sounds like you guys had really fun V-Day celebrations, swimming sounds so nice right now for some reason.

Bethany said...

So fun! Ava's growing up so fast. Oh, and the pool picture-- totally something Ethan would do, too:)

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Thanks for commenting Jenna! I get that a lot that Parker looks like Tara's kids!

Your kids are getting so big!!! :) What a cute family you have!

Jamielyn said...

She is too cute! I can't believe she took a step! Crazy girl! ;) btw the headbands were way cute tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...