Jan 4, 2011

New Years Eveacitis

Katie the great with the kids.
Lil teen mom


My cousin Katie stays with us a couple times a year and we love it. She adores the kids and I her. We do hair, crafts and watch Tori and Dean. New years eve morning we all went to our friends the Kruckenbergs and had a "fry" day Friday. Basically Mark who is an excellent cook fed us delicious homemade donuts and food with his new fryer. After that we got ready to go to my parents party and I wasn't feeling all that well. At 9 Katie, Kreed, Ava and I headed home to the Kruckenberg's New Years Eve Party. Basically I jumped out of the car and to the bathroom. I thought I had food poisoning and by 3 am when sharp pains were making me writhe on the floor Kreed took me to the E.R. I was told I had appendicitis and had to go in for surgery the next day. The good part is I got to be reunited with my best friend Morphine. The bad part is I had an organ removed. Luckily Katie was sleeping over so we didn't have to wake Ava and the amazing girl took care of Ava the whole next day. She fed her played with her and made 12 headbands while watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (you see why she is my best cousin). I was so grateful for her being there and she told me she had so much fun playing house. My parents kept Luke the whole weekend and once again the Kruckenbergs took Ava for two days, and cleaned my house! Best friends ever if you ask me. Also Trista came over today while Kreed worked and she fed the kids, cleaned and broke up fights while I sat on my bum. It was so nice to know my kids were taken care of and I am so grateful for everyone who brought meals and has helped with the kids. Kreed's mom was over Monday while I was drugged up and my mom is coming tomorrow to help. Having surgery bites but I am overwhelmed by people' willingness to help and serve.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

I'm glad you have gotten the help, and glad to help with a meal. take it easy and hope to see you at church soon.

Five Bresees said...

Wow! Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I recently came across your blog and would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Bethany said...

Oh, wow! I had no idea! I'm glad you got to the ER in time and all went well with the surgery. I, too, love how people come out of the woodwork in times of crisis to help!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...